Healthwatch Lincolnshire – Quick look at our Volunteer Roles
The purpose of Healthwatch Lincolnshire is to give the people of Lincolnshire a greater say in shaping the design and delivery of their health and social care services and we need the experiences, skills, enthusiasm and determination of volunteers to make this happen. There are opportunities for lots of people to get involved in many different ways and role descriptions are available to explain these in more detail.
- Community Champions Help promote the work of Healthwatch Lincolnshire to all residents of Lincolnshire in a variety of settings. Taking leaflets and posters to public places in your local area and keep them topped up. You may like to take part in our promotional events which take place all around the county. For more information click the link to download the full details: Community Champion
- Enter and View Authorised Representatives Enter and view health and social care services to gain an understanding of people’s experiences whilst they are receiving services. Responding to concerns received from the public or national agendas regarding services. Creating a report on the findings and work with service providers to develop and improve services. For more information click the link to download the full details: E V Representatives
- Reading Panel To provide feedback on all literature produced by Healthwatch Lincolnshire such as reports and leaflets. To ensure no ‘jargon’ is used and to get the best possible results from surveys and questionnaires. To make sure everything we produce is easy for the public to use and understand. For more information click the link to download the full details: Reading Panel This role is curently closed.
- Newshound Ensure all local and national health and social care issues reported in the media are brought to the attention of Healthwatch Lincolnshire. Giving Healthwatch Lincolnshire access to very local news regarding health and social care services. For more information click the link to download the full details: News Hound
- Mystery Shopper Test the patient experience of the health and social care services for Lincolnshire residents using different scenarios and situations. For more information click the link to download the full details: Mystery Shopper
- Helping Hands Help with refreshments and create a warm welcome to local people who attend Healthwatch Lincolnshire public meetings and events. Also encourage local people to attend public meetings. For more information click the link to download the full details: Helping Hands Welcomers
- Hub Lead Act as main contact between group members and Healthwatch Lincolnshire. To give Healthwatch Lincolnshire access to public users of health and social care services. To extend our reach so everybody has the opportunity to have their voice heard. For more information click the link to download the full details: Hub Lead
- Every Voice Counts Become part of our on-line volunteer team – people who share quick opinions with us regarding health and social care whilst taking the least amount of time. For more information click the link to download the full details: Every Voice Counts
- Health and Care Researcher This role would suit someone who understands the intricacies of the NHS systems, looking at websites and researching for the latest information and then producing simple summaries and forwarding to Healthwatch Lincolnshire. For more information click the link to download the full details: Health and Care Researcher
How to Apply
One of the above roles may not be right for you or may not match your individual skills or knowledge – maybe we can create a role to match you? If you would like to find out more without any obligation please contact us by telephoning 07436 581999/01205 820892 or by email to email@example.com
A Day in the Life of the Healthwatch Lincolnshire Volunteer Coordinator
Follow in the footsteps of our Volunteer Coordinator Annette, read the below article to find out what happens on a day to day basis …..