Menu
Contact

You speak, we listen, we act

01205 820 892

Health bosses apologise for Boston children’s transfers

6th December 2018

Health bosses have apologised for the distress caused to 139 families transferred out of Boston Pilgrim Hospital under an interim children’s ward model. However, they said that for the vast majority the new system has worked.

Medical Director Neil Hepburn told United Lincolnshire Hospital Trust board members on Friday that since the new model started in — which includes a new Paediatric Assessment Unit and enhanced access to accident and emergency — 1,053 children had been treated.

He said the average length of stay had reduced from 42 hours to just seven-and-a-half – the aim is to assess them within 12 hours.

However, he added: “We must be clear that for those 139 families it’s been a distressing episode.

“Previously some of them wouldn’t have all been able to stay at Pilgrim, but there’s a significant number that would have been and we’re sorry for the inconvenience that’s caused them and the inevitable stress and difficulties at home.”

Read the full article here

css.php