The Covid vaccination programme in Lincolnshire continues to successfully roll out, meaning the protection of the county’s residents through vaccination is successfully continuing. Specifically, Lincolnshire has been:
- amongst the first in the country to start vaccinating on 8th December through our first hospital hub at Lincoln County Hospital
- amongst the first to start vaccinating through our GP-led primary care network model, with fifteen centres in operation
- amongst the first in the country to be offering the new AstraZeneca vaccination, from our latest hospital hub at Pilgrim Hospital in Boston
We are delighted to confirm that, as of 18th January 2021, Lincolnshire will be amongst the first in the country to open a large vaccination centre, which will be at the Princess Royal Sports Arena, Boston. Opening immediately after the large city vaccination centres in the country’s main cities, the site at the Princess Royal Sports Arena will initially be the first and only one of its kind across the entire (East and West) Midlands area, meaning we can offer many more local people their appointment sooner.
The large vaccination sites, including the one at the Princess Royal Sports Arena, will initially be vaccinating people in the key priority groups, starting with local residents over 80 who live within 45 minutes of the site. These people will be contacted and offered the centre as a choice for their vaccination appointment.
The NHS will contact people and local people are asked not to contact the NHS.
Maz Fosh, Chief Executive of the centre’s lead provider, Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust, said:
“We are thrilled that Lincolnshire is again increasing vaccination access in the county through what will currently be the largest centre in the Midlands outside Birmingham. Our team across the county’s NHS, local resilience forum, volunteers and many more continue to work hard together to ensure we are protecting the county’s priority groups with the coronavirus vaccine”.
The other sites already running across the county are:
- Lincoln County Hospital
- Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
Local vaccination centres:
- Louth Community Hospital
- Meres Leisure Centre, Grantham
- Waddington Branch Surgery, South Lincoln
- St Marys Medical Practice, Stamford
- Franklin Hall, Spilsby
- Sidings Medical Practice, Boston
- Rustons Sports and Social Club, Lincoln
- Portland Medical Practice, Lincoln
- The Storehouse, Skegness
- Lincolnshire Showground, Lincoln
- Springfields, Spalding
- John Coupland Hospital, Gainsborough
- Marisco Medical Practice, Mablethorpe
We are immensely proud of our team from across Lincolnshire’s NHS and partners, including local authority, military, and volunteering organisations to name a few. The next steps are to roll out the programme further through a second large vaccination site and a roving service across the county, and we will continue to keep the public updated as these become available.